Building Envelope Engineer / Project Manager
Leak Doctor – Calgary, AB
Intermediate Building Science Engineer/project manager
Education: University Degree
Regular, Full Time, Commission
We are currently seeking an Intermediate Building Science Engineer/Sale manager to join our company working on projects in and around Calgary .
Who is Leak Doctor?
With a mission to understand, innovate, partner and deliver, Leak Doctor provides building envelope and exterior services, we are specialized in leak detection, forensic investigations and exterior restoration.
We are a fast growing companies our Building Science Division uses, adapts and innovates various technologies and methodologies for the execution of durable and efficient building enclosures.
As specialists for the building envelope, we perform visual and intrusive investigations to determine the cause and solutions for building envelope failures.
We act as Prime Consultants and contractors for building envelope restoration and upgrade projects and we act as sub-contractors to Architects and commercial building owners for new construction projects.
We also provide testing services that are unparalleled in the industry for in-situ water penetration testing of windows, blower door testing for air leakage and utilize a range of tools such as thermal imaging, moisture probing, aerial drone inspections equipped with thermal camera to diagnose building envelope failures.
Reporting to the CEO the successful candidate is required to:
• Attend to client calls, to conduct assessment of the as-built and performance conditions of the aged and failed building envelope assemblies;
• Prepare and/or review reports with recommendations to remediate, renew and/or repair existing aged and failed assemblies;
• Review the original drawings for the building, perform on-site verification and capture essential information in order to understand the as-built conditions;
• Manage, lead and/or collaborate with our project team members to prepare drawings and specifications for the Contract Documents;
• Conduct and/or lead construction contract administration and field review to review for general conformance;
• Provide directions and support in conducting testing services;
• Conduct and prepare reserve fund studies and building condition assessments;
• Collaborate with the Senior managers to conduct business development activities, maintain and improve technical standards for the division and train junior staff;
• Ensure health and safety policies of the company are adhered strictly.
• 5-8 years experience in the Building Envelope industry, with a focus on commercial and/or multi-family projects ;
• Registered or eligible to register as a professional with APEGA, AAA or ASET is a requirement;
• Knowledge of building envelope, roofing systems and construction principles is a requirement;
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
• Fully conversant with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) applications;
• Organized, works well under pressure and able to deal with situations with tact, ability to multi-task;
• Demonstrated ability to perform individually or as a member of project teams;
• Dedicated to meeting deadlines and project deliverables.
• A valid driver's license and own vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage is required and be able to use that vehicle to drive to construction sites;
• WHMIS, fall arrest training and swing stage/manlift certifications are not mandatory (as training will be provided) but are considered to be an asset for this position.
We offer benefits after 90 days, company phone, commissions and annual bonuses.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year