Junior Executive Assistant
Leak Doctor – Calgary, AB
Who is Leak Doctor?
With a mission to understand, innovate, partner and deliver, Leak Doctor provides building envelope and exterior services, we are specialized in leak detection, forensic investigations and exterior restoration. We are a fast-growing company, our Building Science Division uses, adapts and innovates various technologies and methodologies for the execution of durable and efficient building enclosures.
As specialists for the building envelope, we perform visual and intrusive investigations to determine the cause and solutions for building envelope failures. We act as Prime Consultants and contractors for building envelope restoration and upgrade projects and we act as sub-contractors to Architects and commercial building owners for new construction projects.
We also provide testing services that are unparalleled in the industry for in-situ water penetration testing of windows, blower door testing for air leakage and utilize a range of tools such as thermal imaging, moisture probing, aerial drone inspections equipped with a thermal camera to diagnose building envelope failures.
We are looking for a skilled Junior Office Administrative Assistant to undertake a variety of day-to-day office duties, experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks. An excellent office administrator is, above all, well organized, flexible and enjoys the challenges of helping others and solving any problems that may arise. The objective is to guarantee that office operations are efficient and add maximum value to the organization.
• Follow office workflow procedures to ensure maximum efficiency
• Responsible & accountable for the complete "customer experience", both internally and externally
• Establish work priorities and ensure procedures are followed and deadlines are met
• Responsibilities for resolving service issues
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Ability to hire and train staff; conduct timely and constructive performance reviews
• Organize and oversee schedules and work of staff
• Adapts to change and prioritizes for high-end results
• High level of both verbal and written communication skills
• Responsive, dependable and follows through
• Experience in Accounts Payables/Receivables
• Experience with Human Resources and processing payroll
• Knowledge of Alberta Employment Standards
• Maintain Office Policies & Procedures
• Maintain office staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
• Maintains office staff job results by coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Reliable with patience and professionalism
• Associate's/College degree; BSc/Ba in business administration or relevant field is a plus
• Ability to Implement Procedures in a Fast-Paced and Evolving Environment
• Strong Decision-Making Skills
• Ability to Work Under Pressure
Function Specific Required Skills and Competencies:
• Contractor/vendor negotiation skills
• Office Administrative experience required
• customer service
• Successful persuasion, negotiation, and problem-solving skills with customers both inside and outside
• A day to day functional leader with the ability to anticipate challenges, risks and identify opportunities
• Highly motivated and ambitious
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Problem-solving skills
• Ability to work effectively independently
• Facility management of office space and equipment
• Ability to facilitate employee activities
• Able to communicate changes in provisional employment laws and other regulatory information
What YOU bring to the table:
• 5+ years of experience as an Office Administrator or Office Manager or Junior Executive Assistant or a combination of similar roles.
• Proficient working with MS Office (Excel for Expense reports, PowerPoint for putting together presentation slide-decks, Word) as well as Outlook
• Team player, with customer service-oriented attitude, willing to roll up your sleeves and assist the team as needed
• Professional demeanor, great communication skills
• Flexible, intelligent and proactive
No phone calls.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted. Individuals only, no recruiters, no agencies.
Education: Secondary School (Required)
Job Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Require: Drive License