Exterior and Interior Renovation Supervisor
Leak Doctor – Calgary, AB
Leak Doctor is a diversified, rapidly growing building envelope restoration company based in Calgary Alberta.
We cover a range of practices which include but are not limited to; building envelope restoration, leak detection, exterior renovation like; siding, stucco, roofing, foundation restoration, windows and doors installation, including mold and asbestos abatement, on the commercial and residential market.
At Leak Doctor, we are constantly evolving and have high standards in the projects we work on but remain a grounded and family-oriented workplace. Our employees have the opportunity to further their career development through training and/or education and are encouraged to grow within the company.
We believe that Leak Doctor is a family and we value the honesty, hard work and diligence all our staff bring to work every day.
Leak Doctor Services requires a Supervisor with proved previous experience and certification within the Civil Sector who shares our mission and principles. The overall responsibilities will be to lead in the completion of residential and commercial projects according to strict deadlines and within budget.
· Exterior Building Envelope Restoration and well versed with building envelope restoration projects, preferably related to water intrusion and moisture control. Have significant experience in construction quality control, dealing with clients and subcontractors. We are willing to mentor and support additional training for the applicant who shows us a positive attitude and commitment to our organization.
· Site Supervision - Ensure the job remains on schedule. Assess and resolve daily work issues. Coordinate equipment, tools and human resources required for a job. Manage hours spent and provide direction to field staff on site.
· Safety - Leak Doctor is a COR company so we will require our supervisor to promote & enforce the H&S Management System, as well as the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations for Construction Projects. Perform job setup procedures, train on proper procedures, conduct daily hazard assessments and toolbox meetings. Maintain a safe and clean work environment, striving for zero safety incidents. Report any job site injury and/or illness in an immediate manner to Management and/or Health & Safety Advisor.
· Teamwork– Receive direction from the Project Manager and/or coordinators and act as the link between them and the field team. Monitor and report crew activities and job progress. Communicate, develop, work with and maintain sub-trade relationships to complete projects.
· Communication - Professional interaction by phone, email and in-person with clients, engineers, consultants, city officials and sub-trades. Detailed, on-going, timely communications with Project Manager & management.
· Office - Attending internal, sub-trade and client meetings. Participation in continuing to evolve our H&S program. Keeping up to date on current legislation. Submit accurately completed paperwork in a timely manner including but not limited to timesheets, permits, toolbox talks, etc.
· Customer Relations - Developing, maintaining and building on new client relationships.
· Other Duties as Assigned -Other matters as may be reasonably requested by the owners and management. As you grow further into your position, more duties will be assigned to you.
Competencies & Skills
· 7+ years of successful supervisor experience
· Experience with Certification of Recognition (COR)
· Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
· Strong technical background and aptitude
· Willingness to continually develop self and others
· An ability to effectively develop strong relationships with clients, fellow team members, sub-trades and suppliers
· An ability to coach, mentor, motivate, direct and supervise team members as required
· Strong communication and listening skills
· High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency
· Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
· Interest in planning, scheduling and financial management
· Monday to Friday, 7:30 am - 4:30 pm,
· Local and distant job sites (up to 100km away)
· Able to work irregular hours when operational or business requires
· Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle required
· Be able to lift 66lbs
· Kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl and sit
· Be able to stand, walk, talk, hear, see and smell
· Be exposed to extreme heat and cold; fumes or airborne particles
· Be able to distinguish colours
· Hearing requirements include the ability to hear alarms on equipment, client calls and instructions
· Perform repetitive motions
· Occasionally be required to perform overtime duties
· Work indoors
· At times the facilities in which we work can be warm, noisy and wet
· Work outdoors
· Employee will be exposed to all weather conditions
· Required at times to undertake work in wet, dirty and/or odorous conditions
· Tech incline and good knowledge on how to use a computer, phone and tablet
· Understand blueprint and architectural drawings
· Occasionally learn new skills, attend training and courses
· Always maintain a positive attitude
· Be willing to work on weekends when required
· Manage warehouse, company vehicles, tools and equipment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Base on the experience per year